Supporting Banks and Training Providers
Apprenticeships in the UK offer a great opportunity for both employers and individuals by offering a combination of work experience and structured learning.
The Chartered Banker Institute has been closely involved with the development of current apprenticeships and has a proud heritage of assuring professional and educational standards for more than 140 years. It is uniquely positioned to work alongside banks and training providers as both a qualification provider and End Point Assessment Organisation. The Institute offers:
- Qualifications that are integral elements of a range of banking and finance apprenticeships
- The ability to provide End-Point Assessment for a number of standards
- Advice and guidance for banking organisations that are developing an apprenticeship provision.
Retail & Business Banking Professional Qualifications Aligned to Apprenticeship Programmes
Many apprenticeships include a qualification as a part of the requirements for completion of the overall apprenticeship. As a qualification provider, the Institute has entered a number of its qualifications into appropriate banking / financial services apprenticeships.
- Level 3 Compliance / Risk Officer - Certificate in Complaints Handling
- Level 6 Financial Services Professional - Associate Chartered Banker Diploma
- Level 3 Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser - Professional Banker Certificate/ Diploma, Certificate in Complaint Handling
- Level 6 Senior Compliance / Risk Specialist - Professional Banker Certificate / Diploma, Associate and Chartered Banker Diploma
- Level 7 Senior Investment / Commercial Banking Professional - Chartered Banker Diploma
End Point Assessment Organisation
The Institute is an End Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO) able to carry out the End Point Assessment (EPA) for the Level 2 Financial Service Customer Adviser Standard, the Level 3 Senior Financial Service Customer Adviser Standard and the Level 6 Relationship Manager (Banking) Standard as part of the ‘trailblazers’ apprenticeship learning programme.
As an approved EPAO the Institute supports employers and training providers in administering apprenticeships by providing:
- Advice on the type and format of evidence and portfolio require for the EPA
- Review of Gateway Assessment processes
- Formal End Point Assessment
- Independent assurance that apprentices have successfully completed all the components of an apprenticeship.
Support for Employers
The Institute is uniquely positioned to help employers develop their apprenticeship strategy. We take an open consultative approach which includes:
- Helping employers identify which standard(s) and training providers are most appropriate to support development needs
- Existing working relationships with major training providers
- Working with employers and training providers to develop innovative and flexible learning support
- Developing value-added activities to help integrate qualification learning with work experience
- Creating cost-effective and rigorous end-point assessment processes
- Aligning apprenticeship schemes with professional standards and providing clear development pathways and continuing professional development.