The CB:PSB is governed by a Board, comprising a Chairman, senior executives from the founding firms, individuals independent of the banking industry, the Chair of the Professional Standards Committee (ex-officio) and the Chair of the Stakeholder Forum (ex-officio).
Dame Susan Rice is the Chairman and the CB:PSB board members are:
- Andrew Falconer: Head of Customer Banking Contact Centres, Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks
- Robin Jarvis: (Ex-Officio) Chair, Stakeholder Forum and Professor of Accounting, Brunel University
- David Jones: Head of Organisational Development, Barclays PLC
- Sue Lewis, Independent Board Member
- David McCreadie: Managing Director, Banking, Tesco Bank
- Gavin McQuillan : Head of Learning Operations, Learning & Development, HR, Royal Bank of Scotland
- Stephen Pearson: Senior Adviser, CEO Office, Virgin Money
- Simon Thompson: (Ex-Officio), Chair, Professional Standards Committee and Chief Executive Chartered Banker Institute
- Nick Winsor: Head of Remediation Management Office UK, HSBC Bank
Professional Standards Committee
The Board is supported by the Professional Standards Committee (PSC), comprising a senior representative from each CB:PSB firm responsible for leading the development and implementation of the CB:PSB’s professional standards in their organisation.The PSC is chaired by Simon Thompson, the Chief Executive of the Chartered Banker Institute.
View the Professional Standards Committee's Terms of Reference
Independent Monitoring Panel
Following the recommendations arising from the 2015 CB:PSB Monitoring Working Group, whose aim was to look at how the independence of the CB:PSB monitoring process could be enhanced, an Independent Monitoring Panel (IMP) was created in 2016. It is important that professional standards are effectively implemented and monitored if the CB:PSB is going to achieve its aims of rebuilding trust, confidence and pride in banking.
View the Independent Monitoring Panel's Terms of Reference
The IMP comprises appropriately skilled and experienced members and monitors the effectiveness of CB:PSB standards implementation and the extent to which CB:PSB aims are being delivered. Dr Ian Peters MBE, Chief Executive, Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors, Chairs the Independent Monitoring Panel which will ensure a stronger focus on monitoring and assurance at the CB:PSB Board.
The Members of the Independent Monitoring Panel, which held its first meeting held on the 12th October 2016, are: Dr Sarah Blackburn; Zinta Krumins; Cat MacLean; and Karen McArthur.
The CB:PSB Independent Monitoring Panel published its first Annual Report (2017) on 21st November 2017.
The CB:PSB governance structure continues to evolve and, as such, during 2016 a new Stakeholder Forum replaced the existing Advisory Panel. The Stakeholder Forum engages with a broader range of ‘end users’, providing an opportunity to cascade information and, more importantly, to seek feedback, opinions and advice. Professor Robin Jarvis, Professor of Accounting, Brunel University, is the Chair of the Stakeholder Forum.