The 2025 Foundation awards bursaries to support talented individuals who wish to study banking qualifications offered by the Chartered Banker Institute or their partners.
The scheme aims to support individuals who wish to pursue a career in banking but would find this difficult because of their financial circumstances.
Our focus is on proactively attracting individuals who are historically under-represented in the banking profession, including individuals from minority groups and specific socioeconomic backgrounds who display the likely academic talent and drive to gain a professional banking qualification. Precedence will be given to applicants who fit the profile of who we are trying to reach. Please see Who We Help for further information before applying.
Individuals receiving a 2025 Foundation bursary are automatically enrolled in the 2025 mentoring scheme.
Am I eligible?
- If you can answer yes to these questions you are eligible to apply for a 2025 Foundation Bursary:
- Is your household income, or your parental/guardian income, under £34,000?
- Are you an adult applicant not currently in employment, whose income does not exceed £18,000 per annum?
- Do your circumstances mean you would be unable to otherwise undertake banking qualifications due to your financial situation?
If the answer is yes to the above, then you are eligible to apply for a 2025 Foundation Bursary.
Please note: Applicants in receipt of a scholarship from a trust similar to the 2025 Foundation are not eligible to apply. If you would like to clarify your eligibility, please e-mail email@example.com
Awards will be based on how well the applicant demonstrates the likelihood of success in completing a course of studies, why they should be considered for a bursary and the difference it will make.
How to apply
Please complete the 2025 Foundation application form paying particular attention to the Guidance Notes for Bursary Application.
Submit your completed 2025 Foundation application form and supporting documents using the form below.
Alternatively, you can download and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and send it to the Chartered Banker Institute.
Please upload your application form and any supporting documents, video or audio files as one zip file under 'Application Form' below. To do this simply select the files you wish to upload on your computer (by holding CTRL and clicking on each), right click on your mouse, and select 'send to', then select 'compressed or zipped folder'. This will create one item for you to upload below.
If you are successful in your application, you will be required to provide proof of individual or parental income in the form of P60 or evidence that you are in receipt of Educational Maintenance Allowance (EMA) or 16–19 Bursary Fund.
What we are looking for
You can submit your ‘About You’ information in writing or by video or audio.
There is no wrong or right way to complete the ‘About You’ section but the following information should be included:
- How will a 2025 Foundation Bursary make a difference to you and your studies
- Career aspirations
- Reasons for your course choice
- Why you feel the 2025 Foundation should invest in you
- Participation in community activities, such as volunteering
- Other information about your character and interests
- If providing a written statement, we would recommend you make full use of the 1000 words available. If providing a video or audio statement, we recommend that this is no more than 5 minutes in length.
Apply for a bursary
If you are experiencing any difficulties please contact email@example.com