We offer professional body membership to all retail investment advisers who meet the required standards. Those wishing to apply to us for their Statement of Professional Standing (SPS) must:
- hold an appropriate qualification and any gap-fill,
- comply with the FCA’s Statements of Principle for Approved Persons (APER),
- have an individual FCA registration number and active status, or if you are subject to certification, provide confirmation of your fit and proper status from your employer,
- follow our Code of Professional Conduct,
- undertake a minimum of 35 hours CPD each year, 21 of which needs to be structured, and maintain a full record throughout the year.
For more information, download our SPS Guide.
In addition to your SPS, as a member of our Institute you will be authorised to use the Professional Financial Adviser title, PFA designation and display the logo.
Find out more on the benefits of Membership.