Certificate in Credit Union Principles and Practice
This qualification provides an overview of the role played by Credit Unions in UK society. It considers the development and purpose of Credit Unions, their organisation and operating principles; business, financial and ethical objectives; regulatory framework; risk management; governance and oversight. The qualification also considers the implications to Credit Unions of the incoming regulation in relation to conduct rules for individuals, effective from 2016.
The qualification offers benefits to both individuals and Credit Unions in;
- A professional development route that considers the financial services environment from the perspective of Credit Unions
- Improving the level of professional qualification will aid service to members and boost member confidence
- Deepening and broadening the knowledge of individuals involved in the Credit Union movement
- Demonstrating the commitment of Credit Unions to professional development through the provision of a formal qualification with the option of further, specialised study or related topics
- Helping establish a benchmark of knowledge in the Credit Union sector
- 2 hour online examination comprising of 100 multiple choice questions. Instant exam results, pass mark required is 60%.
- Registration is valid for 12 months. Learners should sit and pass the module within this time
- There is a £280 module fee, which includes an exam entry. Exam resits cost £130 per module
- In order to study the Certificate in Credit Union Principles and Practice you must become a member of the Institute.
- All students will have access to a digital version of the workbook. If you are based in the UK, you will also receive a hard copy. If you are based outside of the UK, you can pay an additional postage fee to receive a hard copy.
The Certificate in Credit Union Principles and Practice is attained by completing the Credit Union Principles and Practice module.
View the module specification for further information:
Experience of Credit Unions will undoubtedly be helpful but is not essential as comprehensive learning materials are provided as part of registration.
You will receive a comprehensive workbook to support your learning. You will also have access to your own personal area of the Chartered Banker Institute's website 'My Institute', where you will find a variety of CPD materials including videos, case studies, CPD tool kits and much more.
Students outside the UK will be supplied with a PDF version of the study material. Should you require a hard copy version of the study material please note that you will be responsible for the payment of postage prior to despatch. Please also note that textbooks or other learning materials delivered to destinations outside the EU may be subject to taxes, fees, levies, import duty or other charges, which are imposed by local legislation. Any such charges are the responsibility of the recipient of the products.