Green Finance Certificate
The Green Finance Certificate™ is designed to develop financial services professionals’ knowledge of the science behind, and the principles and practice of Green Finance. The Green Finance Certificate™ will set the benchmark for the knowledge and skill required by green finance professionals worldwide. The aim of the certificate is to help professionals understand what is meant by green finance, products and services, and to help them play a leading role in developing a sustainable banking and financial services industry with a renewed sense of social purpose.
Areas of Study:
- The scientific underpinnings that have influenced the development and evolution of green finance products and services
- The significance of green finance’s vision, principles, strategy and performance measurement
- The range of green finance products and services
- The opportunities and challenges of mainstreaming green finance.
- Guided self-study supported by e-learning;
- 130 hours of study time required;
- Assessed via a 1-hour, 50-question objective test, delivered online with instant results;
- The Certificate costs £565 per candidate, including all learning materials and the first sitting of your exam;
- Designed as an equivalent to an RQF Level 4 Certificate (credit rated at SCQF Level 8);
- In order to study the Green Finance Certificate™ you must become a member of the Institute. An annual subscription fee of £30.00 will be payable upon registration as part of the enrolment fees.
Interest-free credit available
- 12 months’ interest-free credit available through Omni Capital Retail Finance.
- £275 minimum order
- 10% deposit required
- Get an instant decision
- 12 equal monthly payments
The Certificate provides learners with a comprehensive overview and understanding of the evolving Green Finance Sector, covering:
- Scientific background to Green Finance - the transition to a low carbon world, including change/risk
- Key concepts in Green Finance, including stranded assets
- Green Finance principles, including the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Risk Management in Green Finance
- Green Finance products and services (banking, insurance and investment)
- Ethical dimensions of Green Finance
Download the module specification for further information.Green Finance - Module Specification
The Green Finance Certificate™ is delivered via an online study guide which breaks up learning into bite size units. Each unit is followed by a shorter concept-check test or quiz to ensure understanding of the material.
View a sample of the learning material that is available to you:
Green Finance Certificate learning materials are delivered via the Institute's learning management system (LMS), which enables learners to access them anywhere, anytime, using most computer, tablet and mobile devices.
Employers can track progress of individuals and cohorts through regular reports and learner analytics, enabling timely intervention when necessary.
Additional Support Options
A range of blended support options for employers (e.g. tuition, revision workshops) are available on request.