Statement of Professional Standing Guide (A Guide for Professional Financial Advisers)
We offer professional body membership to all retail investment advisers who meet the required standards. As part of your Professional Financial Adviser (PFA) Membership, you must complete and return the PFA Application Form to confirm you have complied with the mandatory FCA requirements.
Those wishing to apply to us for their Statement of Professional Standing (SPS) must:
- hold an appropriate qualification and completed any relevant gap-fill (if applicable),
- comply with the FCA’s Code of Conduct (COCON) or, if an Appointed Representative, the FCA Statements of Principle and Code of Practice for Approved Persons (APER),
- provide confirmation of your fit and proper status from your employer (for those under the Certification Regime) or hold an individual FCA registration number and active status,
- follow our Code of Professional Conduct,
- undertake a minimum of 35 hours CPD each year, 21 of which needs to be structured, and maintain a full record throughout the year.