Managing climate-related risks and supporting the transition to a low-carbon world are our most significant global challenges. In order to tackle this collective challenge, finance professionals globally need to develop their knowledge of green and sustainable Finance.
Updated for 2020, the Certificate in Green and Sustainable Finance now encompasses broader aspects of sustainability, aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, although the focus remains on “green”. This global, benchmark qualification will help individuals to develop their understanding of, and apply, green and sustainable finance principles and practice in their roles and within their institutions.
The 2020 edition of the Certificate in Green and Sustainable Finance syllabus has been developed to encompass broader aspects of sustainable finance, alongside green finance;
- Introduces green and sustainable finance in the context of retail, commercial and wholesale banking, central and development banks, insurance and investment sectors;
- Covers the science of climate change and the role of the financial system in the natural world;
- Global, international and national policy, regulatory and industry responses to support flows of finance for sustainable growth;
- Identifying, disclosing and reporting climate-related financial risks, and other environmental and sustainability risks;
- Introduces key sustainable finance frameworks/principles (e.g. UN SDGs, PRI/PRB, TCFD, Green Bond and Green Loan Principles;
- Supporting customers in their transition to sustainability;
- Overview of green and sustainable FinTech;
- Ethical dimensions of green and sustainable finance, and the role of Green and Sustainable Finance ProfessionalsTM.
To register your interest in the new Certificate, please complete the form below. Please note enrolments will be open from 1 June 2020.