Chartered Banker Diploma
This qualification is no longer available, and has been replaced by our Advanced Diploma in Banking and Leadership in a Digital Age.
The Chartered Banker Diploma is the highest level qualification awarded by the Institute, and is recognised and supported by major financial services organisations across the globe. As a world-class qualification, leading to Chartered status, it will help learners to achieve and maintain the standards of excellence and professionalism expected by clients and employers. The aim of the programme is to provide extensive, detailed and critical knowledge and understanding of the banking sector, both in theory and in practice.
After completing the Chartered Banker Diploma, learners become qualified Members of the Institute. As such, they will be entitled to use the professional designation ‘Chartered Banker’ and the designatory letters ‘MCIBS’ after their name. Chartered Banker status is recognised across the UK and internationally as a hallmark of quality in the banking profession. Being a Chartered Banker demonstrates expertise, a commitment to personal development and professionalism, and acts as a gateway to enhanced career opportunities.
Please note as of the 8th of October 2018 the Chartered Banker Diploma will be replaced with the new and revised Advanced Diploma in Banking and Leadership in a Digital Age. Please see below some supporting documents about the new Diploma.The Advanced Diploma in Banking and Leadership in a Digital Age - FAQs
The Advanced Diploma in Banking and Leadership in a Digital Age - Transition Document
- Modules are assessed by a compulsory assignment and a final written online examination. The assignment comprises 30% of the final mark.
- Examinations can be taken at any one of our exam centres throughout the UK. Results will be available within six weeks of sitting the exam.
- For each module, the registration is valid for 12 months. Learners are expected to sit and pass the examination within that time.
- Each module costs £995 and includes your study text, as well as your first exam entry fee. Exam resits cost £185 per module.
- In order to study the Chartered Banker Diploma you must become a member of the Institute. An annual subscription fee of £60.00 will be payable upon registration.
Learners need to complete one compulsory module, one credit and lending module and three optional modules of their choice from the list below. If, however, they have already attained the Associate Chartered Banker Diploma qualification and as part of their studies have already completed a credit and learning module, they will only have to complete two optional modules.
If they have attained the Associate Chartered Banker Diploma qualification and have not completed a credit and lending module as part of their studies, they will have to complete one credit and lending module and one optional module.
Each module is worth 25 credit points, with 125 credit points required in total to successfully complete the qualification and attain Chartered Banker status. Learners must complete the credit and lending module during their studies. They may have done this already - if so they complete 2 modules from the Optional list. If not they complete 1 module from the Optional list plus the Credit & Lending module. Please note that the enrolment period for each module is 12 months. Most learners are balancing study with full-time employment, so we recommend studying no more than one or two modules in a 12-month period.
• Professionalism, Ethics and Regulation.
Credit and lending modules:
• Applied Business and Corporate Banking
• Credit and Lending.
• Banking for High Net Worth Individuals
• Contemporary Issues in Banking
• Retail Banking
• Risk Management in Banking
• Operations Management.
Download the module specifications for further information:
- Professionalism, Ethics and Regulation - Module Specification
- Applied Business and Corporate Banking - Module Specification
- Credit and Lending - Module Specification
- Banking for High Net Worth Individuals - Module Specification
- Contemporary Issues in Banking - Module Specification
- Retail Banking - Module Specification
- Risk Management in Banking - Module Specification
- Operations Management - Module Specification