Board of Trustees - Shape the Future of the Institute
The Board’s principal tasks include:
- Governing the Institute
- Determining the Institute’s strategy and activities
We are seeking Trustees from a variety of backgrounds, who can add value to the work of the Board and the Institute and are able to demonstrate:
- Strong leadership skills;
- The highest standards of integrity, ethics and professionalism;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Good knowledge of and interest in professional training and development issues, and of banking education issues in particular.
In particular, in this current recruitment round we are seeking candidates with specific experience and expertise in:
- Technology and digital environments;
- Understanding of purpose and “the public interest”;
- Accounting/audit (ideally with previous experience of serving on or chairing Audit Committees, or similar); and
- Experience with similar professional or educational body.
If you are interested in becoming a Trustee, please complete and submit the Application Form below. Applications must be received no later than 5pm on Friday 21st February 2020.
2025 Foundation Committee Member
The Chartered Banker Institute is the largest professional body for bankers in the UK. We are a member-led organization, representing qualified bankers and those working towards their professional qualifications. Our impact and influence continue to grow in the UK and internationally.
We are currently looking for two new Committee members (drawn from the Institute’s membership) to join the Institute’s 2025 Foundation Committee. The Foundation was established to identify and support talented young people from disadvantaged backgrounds who would benefit from financial and other support to pursue a career in banking.
The Committee’s principal tasks include:
- Fundraising to achieve the Foundation's target of raising £1m by 2025 (the Institute’s 150th Anniversary) to support as many young people as possible.
- Promoting the Chartered Banker 2025 Foundation to Institute Fellows, members and more widely;
- Making decisions on the award of support from the Chartered Banker 2025 Foundation, and monitoring such awards.
We are seeking Committee Members who can add value to the work of the Committee and the Institute. In particular, we are seeking applicants with specific interest and experience in:
- Fundraising for charitable organisations;
- Supporting young people to achieve their full potential through education.
All appointments to the Committee will be approved by the Institute’s Board of Trustees. Committee members will hold office for a three-year term and will be eligible for renewal for one further term. The position is not remunerated, although expenses will be paid.
If you are interested in becoming a 2025 Foundation Committee Member, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, highlighting the skills, knowledge and experience that you would bring to the 2025 Foundation.
Applications must be received no later than 5pm on 7th February 2020.Committee - Terms of Reference.docx
Business Support Coordinator (FTC 1 Year)
To support the Business Support Manager with all new business initiatives and projects that are received and processed from Relationship Managers, Bespoke services and Academic Partnerships.
Key remit of Role:
- Oversee, coordinate and implement new business from the various internal and external stakeholders in accordance with the Implementation Guidance to include:
- Volume of anticipated numbers/members
- Timescales of planned activity
- Capturing and minimising any risks or concerns
- Benefits for the Institute
- Cost and invoicing procedures
- Ensure all proposals and onboarding of new business and membership is fully captured and implemented
- Providing and producing regular MI reports
- Ensure that SLA’s and deadlines are met in line with proposals and each new piece of business
- Successfully managing the workflow to work plan, volume of work in particular.
Business Support Coordinator Job Description
What do I do next?
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com Closing date for all applications is Friday 17th January 2020 at 5pm.
Chartered Banker by Experience - Assessor
The Chartered Banker Institute has recently launched Chartered Banker by Experience, a flexible and accelerated route to Chartered Banker status for experienced banking professionals.
The Institute is looking for qualified members that are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge, skills and experiences with the next generation of bankers. The appointment will be on a self-employed basis.
If you are interested in becoming more actively involved with the work of the Institute, we would like to invite you to consider joining our team of Assessors for Chartered Banker by Experience.
You will be responsible for supporting candidates to reflect on their experience, expertise and professional practice and undertaking the assessment and approval of candidates. The assessment involves the preparation of Critical Self Evaluation document by candidates and completion of a Professional Ethics Assignment.
Candidates will also make a presentation lasting around 30 minutes and participate in a professional discussion with the assessor, lasting for up to 2 hours, designed to give candidates the opportunity to demonstrate in detail how their experience as set out in their Critical Evaluation, and their banking knowledge and skill in general, meets the Institute’s requirements for the award of Chartered Banker status. The assessment will be undertaken preferably as a face-to-face meeting.
This opportunity would be ideal for those individuals that are either in full-time banking employment or who perhaps have recent banking experience. Chartered Banker by Experience assessors will typically be professionally or academically qualified with at least ten years’ work experience in a relevant part of the banking sector.
Qualifications and experience required:
- At least 10 years’ experience in the banking sector
- A Chartered Banker or suitably professionally or academically qualified
- Experience of training management or mentoring of staff would be advantageous
- Assessor qualification would also be advantageous, although training will be given
What do I do next?
Please send your CV and a brief supporting statement, outlining your personal skills and attributes that you would bring to the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org