Membership Forum Recruitment
Be a part of your changing Institute. Are you interested in ensuring the views of our membership are heard? Would you like to get involved in the governance and strategic direction of the Institute? If so, then your Institute needs you.
Following a decade of growth in our Institute’s impact and influence, our new Royal Charter empowers us to establish a new Membership Forum, responsible for representing our growing membership and ensuring that members’ views are appropriately reflected in the strategy and activities of the Institute.
The Forum’s principal tasks will include:
- Advising the Board of Trustees on:
- the Institute’s strategic and annual business plans;
- matters of concern and interest to the Institute’s membership;
- the needs of members;
- Promoting the Institute, and the benefits of membership, within the banking industry;
- Assisting in the recruitment and retention of members;
- Advising on and supporting activities and measures to enhance member engagement;
- Promoting the geographic expansion of the Institute.
We are seeking representation from all member grades on a UK and international basis, from all stages of their careers and we are keen for the broad diversity of the Institute to be reflected in the Membership Forum.
Members of the Forum will be expected to demonstrate:
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of the Institute
- The highest standards of integrity, ethics and professionalism;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Good knowledge of professional training and development issues, particularly banking education issues.
Members of the Forum will be appointed by the Nominations Committee for a three year term, which may be renewed. The Forum will meet in person, usually twice per year, in either Edinburgh or London. All members will be expected to attend both meetings, either in person or by video conference. The position is not remunerated, although expenses will be paid for reasonable travel within the UK.
If you are interested in joining the Membership Forum, don’t hesitate and apply today, closing date for all applications is Friday 9th November at 5pm. Please download the application form, role profile, terms of reference and skills matrix below.
- Membership Forum Application
- Role Profile - Membership Forum
- Terms of Reference (Membership Forum)
- Member Forum Skills Matrix
Please return your completed application to Aimee Wilson;
Post: Chartered Banker Institute, 38B Drumsheugh Gardens, Edinburgh, EH3 7SW