In light of the difficult situation we all find ourselves in with Covid-19, we have put together a new, comprehensive e-learning module on vulnerable customers and how to support them. We hope that this free, digital resource helps banking professionals interact with and support the vulnerable customers they serve.
Our Chief Executive Simon Thompson says:
"The broad purpose of banking is to support the economic life and prosperity of customers and communities, many of whom are facing uncertain and unsettling financial futures. Our banking profession is comprised of thoughtful, purposeful individuals who come to work every day wanting to support customers, their families and their businesses. Let us demonstrate our purposeful professionalism, and care for our customers through our thoughts, actions and words as we help them in their hour of need."
By the end of the module, you will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘vulnerable customer’;
- Identify the key drivers of vulnerability and potentially vulnerable situations;
- Identify the impact and consequences of vulnerability;
- Describe a range of signs and behaviours that might alert you to the possibility that a customer could be vulnerable;
- Describe what your organisation does to support vulnerable customers;
- Explain what you could do to communicate well with and support vulnerable customers.
If you are not a member of the Chartered Banker Institute, please complete the form below to access the e-learning module.