Chartered Banker Annual Banking Conference - Technology v the People Debate
Due to COVID-19, we are hosting our Annual Banking Conference online, in a series of short webinars.
Join us for the first webinar of the series, where our expert panel will be debating 'Technology v the People'.
Bill McCall, President of the Chartered Banker Institute will be providing a keynote speech to kick off the conference.
The Panel will then be chaired by Claire Tunley, CEO, Financial Services Skills Commission, and comprise:
- Paul Riseborough, Mission Leader for Hassle Free Money, Nationwide;
- Marcus Robertson, Global Curriculums Leader, NatWest Digital Academy;
- Rohan Krishnalingam, Group Chief Digital and Technology Office, RHB Bank Malaysia
Fatma Dirkes, President of the European Banking & Financial Services Training Association (EBTN) and
Vice-President of Frankfurt School of Finance & Management
They will consider the following topics:
- The pace of technological change in banking has accelerated faster than ever before and so has the way learning is delivered but is that technological change of pace permanent?
- Covid-19 is a short-term factor on trends in learning and skills but will have it a longer-term influence in 5 to 10 years’ time?
- The economic impact of Covid-19 has had serious effects on small businesses, as well as individuals and so what will be the nature of building good customer relationships in this post-Covid digital world?
- Why do FinTech’s believe that individuals/small businesses prefer to get loan/overdraft decisions from a machine rather than from a person? Is this to do with the nature of the client?
- Are FinTech’s decision-making algorithms fit for purpose in a post-Covid world?
Please use the booking form below to secure your place.
Tuesday 3rd November 2020
8:00am - 9:30am GMT