Finance for Impact Summit
The Finance for Impact Summit on 18 July 2022 will bring together leaders of finance, business, governments and other institutions from around the world to discuss how we scale capital deployed to deliver positive and measurable social outcomes. The aim is to elevate the “S” alongside the “E” in ESG. This one-day event will be held in person at Mansion House in London, and streamed live to a global audience.
The Summit is hosted by the City of London Corporation, along with its partners the Impact Investing Institute, and KPMG, and sponsored by Schroders.
Hosted by The Rt Hon the Lord Mayor of the City of London, Vincent Keaveny, the Summit will announce initiatives that will enable finance for impact to scale. These include:
- An industry-led set of priorities for scaling finance that delivers positive and measurable social impact across Financial Services. The recommendations will also support the sector to be more ambitious in integrating social considerations into sustainable finance strategies, alongside environmental ones.
- The Just Transition Finance Challenge – a new coalition of key investors committed to mobilising capital towards impact investing and ensuring that the investment for a transition to Net Zero is inclusive and socially beneficial.
The Summit will feature a series of keynotes and ‘In conversation’ sessions with high-level UK and international participants.
It is a milestone for the Finance for Impact, which aims to build on the commitments made at COP26 and the work of the G7 Impact Taskforce.
The work of this Initiative is driven by a desire and a belief that the mobilisation of private capital will be crucial in addressing the environmental and social challenges we currently face. And in order to channel capital at scale, we need a vibrant finance for impact market, where investors can generate positive, measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return.
- Richard Curtis, Co-Founder, Make My Money Matter
- Bina Mehta, Chair of KPMG in the UK
- Dame Elizabeth Corley, Chair, Impact Investing Institute
- Sacha Sadan, Director of ESG, Financial Conduct Authority
Monday 18th July 2022
10:30 - 16:10 UK BST