Recognising vulnerability during uncertain times
During the course of 2020, public and professionals’ awareness of vulnerability has increased. It clearly remains a priority for the Financial Conduct Authority, with its revised draft guidance on the fair treatment of consumers [see GC20/3].
We invite you to join our panel of experts as they discuss whether this increased awareness will see the changes the FCA clearly expects, particularly in terms of consistency and fairness across the sector.
The Panel will further consider:
- What new challenges are there for financial professionals trying to get this right?
- What skills are needed?
- How can you be part of a positive change for good?
- And what, if as a financial professional you have experienced vulnerability, might this mean for how perform your role?
This disucssion will be chaired by Paul Denton, CEO, Scottish Building Society and Fellow of the Chartered Banker Institute, and comprise:
- Wanda Goldwag – Chair, Financial Services Consumer Panel
- Valentine Mulholland - Senior Policy & Propositions Manager at Money and Pensions Service ( MaPS)
- Paul Barrett – Head of Wellbeing, Banker Workers Charity
Tuesday 20th October
1200hrs - 1300hrs