Consumer Protection in Financial Services Summit
City & Financial Global is pleased to announce its forthcoming Summit on Consumer Protection in Financial Services, taking place in Central London on the 29 September 2022.
The Consumer Protection in Financial Services Summit will provide detailed guidance on how firms can achieve the “paradigm shift” needed to implement the cross-cutting rules and achieve the four required outcomes.
The Summit will bring together regulators and financial services firms to share insights into how to ensure you deliver good outcomes for consumers at every stage to avoid costly consequences.
Topics that will be covered by our expert panel include:
- The FCA’s expectations of firms in complying with the new Consumer Duty
- How will the shift towards greater consumer protection affect firms in practice?
- What do firms need to do now to deliver the Four Outcomes under the Consumer Duty?
- What will be the effect of the proposed regulation of BNPL lenders?
- The role of the Financial Ombudsman in protecting consumers
- How great a risk does crypto pose to consumers and what can be done to protect them?
- Latest developments in firms’ obligations to vulnerable customers
- Regulatory consequences of breach of the consumer duty: what can firms do to protect themselves against enforcement action?
- Sheldon Mills, Executive Director, Competition and Consumer, Financial Conduct Authority
- Nausicaa Delfas, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Ombudsman, Financial Ombudsman Service
- Chris Fitch, Research Fellow, Personal Financial Research Centre, University of Bristol
- Caroline Rainbird, Chief Executive, Financial Services Compensation Scheme
- Jason Wassell, Chief Executive, Consumer Credit Trade Association
- Daniel Csefalvay, Partner, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
- Sushil Kuner, Principal Associate, Gowling WL
Thursday 29th September 2022