Professional Banker Certificate
Professional and Responsible Banking in a Digital Age is the programme of study that leads to the award of our Professional Banker Certificate, the Institute’s flagship introductory banking certificate. The certificate is suitable for individuals new to, or already working, in retail, business and private banking environments, in the UK and internationally. Developments in regulation and technology are rapidly changing the banking industry, and the Professional Banker Certificate builds the foundation of knowledge and skills needed for banking professionals in a digital age.
The Professional Banker Certificate develops understanding and appreciation of the banking sector, critical to effective performance, and aims to:
- Develop the learner's knowledge, understanding and skills relating to the business of banking in a digital age;
- Combine core banking principles and practice with learning about the forces that are transforming the way we bank;
- Examine how banks are responding to meeting the changing expectations of customers in an increasingly competitive environment;
- How sustainable banking is changing what it means to be a professional in banking.
- Interactive and digital learning.
- Assessed by an online exam comprising 60 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 60%.
- Examinations can be taken at any one of our examination centres throughout the UK and internationally. Results will be available immediately. Learners also have the option to take the exam via remote invigilation;
- Registration is valid for 12 months. Learners are expected to sit and pass the examination within that time.
- The module costs £295 which includes your first exam entry fee. Exam resits cost £145 per module.
- In order to study the Professional Banker Certificate you must become a member of the Institute. An annual subscription fee of £30.00 will be payable upon registration.
- All students will have access to a digital version of the workbook.
The Professional and Responsible Banking in a Digital Age module, leading to the award of the Professional Banker Certificate, develops understanding and appreciation of the banking sector, critical to effective performance. Topics studied include:
- Banks and Banking in a Digital Age
- Serving Customers: Products, Services and Distribution Channels
- Principles and Practice of Bank Lending
- Bank Risks
- The Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Professionalism and Ethics in Banking
Download the module specifications for further information:
- There are no formal entry requirements however you must be willing to put in the necessary study hours.
- You can study this qualification whether you have joined a bank straight from education or have previous financial services knowledge and experience.
- Work experience is helpful but not essential as all learning materials are provided as part of registration.
The certificate is delivered online via the Institute’s Learning Management System, which enables learners to access the learning materials anywhere, anytime. Resources include;
- An interactive workbook for core reading and learning activities;
- Case studies and online resources, including videos;
- Recommended further reading;
- Interactive e-learning modules;
- Online knowledge checks with feedback on responses to enhance learning.