Professional Banker Diploma
The Professional Banker Diploma is the next step for many in developing their banking career. Building on the Professional Banker module from the Professional Banker Certificate, this opens up a range of wider banking disciplines for further study. The Professional Banker Diploma is ideal for individuals who have some banking experience, and is the next logical step for anyone who has attained credit through an Institute-accredited bank programme. The qualification offers a range of subjects, which allow learners to follow specific interests to match their career aspirations and tailor their knowledge requirements.
On completion of the Professional Banker Diploma learners will become a Certificated member of the Institute. This makes them eligible to use the the membership designation ‘CCIBS’. They will also be eligible to use the professional designation ‘Certificated Professional Banker’. For those wishing to continue their professional studies with the Institute to gain chartered status, the next steps are the Associate Chartered Banker Diploma and the Advanced Diploma in Banking and Leadership in a Digital Age.
- Modules are assessed by a two-hour online exam comprising 100 multiple choice questions, with a minimum pass mark of 60%.
- Examinations can be taken at any one of our examination centres throughout the UK. Results will be available immediately.
- Each module requires approximately 100 hours of learning.
- For each module, the registration is valid for 12 months. Learners are expected to sit and pass the examination within this time.
- The Professional Banker module costs £225. Each further module of study towards PBD costs £245. The module fee includes your course materials and your first exam entry fee. Exam resits cost £130 per module.
- In order to study the Professional Banker Diploma you must become a member of the Institute. An annual subscription fee of £30.00 will be payable upon registration.
- All students will have access to a digital version of the workbook. If you are based in the UK, you will also receive a hard copy. If you are based outside of the UK, you can pay an additional postage fee to receive a hard copy.
To achieve the Professional Banker Diploma you must complete the Professional Banker Certificate and two further modules. You do not necessarily have to complete the Certificate first, although we would recommend doing so, as it acts as an effective introduction to the course content.
Please note that the enrolment period for each module is 12 months. We therefore recommend learners do not apply for all their modules at once and consider studying for one or two modules only, during a 12-month period.
Download the module specification for further information:
- Banking Operations
- Complaint Handling
- Credit Union Principles and Practice
- Green Finance
- Introduction to Business Banking
- Introduction to Credit
- Introduction to Risk
- Offshore Banking Practice
- Team Leadership in Financial Services
- you have successfully completed the Professional Banker Certificate (PBC) and wish to further your studies.
- you already have some banking experience. For example, you may have credit through an Institute accredited bank programme or have studied with another professional body.
If you are interested in studying towards the Professional Banker Diploma (PBD) you should also discuss with your line manager or learning & development contact to see whether training you have already completed may provide credit into the PBD programme. You should also discuss whether you might be eligible for funding by your employer.
You will be given a comprehensive workbook for each Professional Banker Diploma (PBD) module. You will also be given access to the Institute’s website where you can find more online support, including mock exams to help you revise.
Students outside the UK will be supplied with a PDF version of the study material. Should you require a hard copy version of the study material please note that you will be responsible for the payment of postage prior to despatch. Please also note that textbooks or other learning materials delivered to destinations outside the EU may be subject to taxes, fees, levies, import duty or other charges, which are imposed by local legislation. Any such charges are the responsibility of the recipient of the products.
I have found customers are more comfortable when they see that they are being looked after by someone who has taken the time to undertake professional examinations. “On a personal level, it has raised my profile within the bank and I have received recognition from senior management for the achievements I have made while undertaking the exams.
Stacey Dunseith, Local Support Manager, TSB