Chartered Banker Annual Banking Conference - You don’t know what you don’t know!
Due to COVID-19, we are hosting our Annual Banking Conference online, in a series of short webinars.
Join us for the second webinar of the series, where our expert panel will discuss 'You don’t know what you don’t know!' - creating a culture of lifelong learning within organisations.
Matthew Poyiadgi, Vice President EMEA at Pearson VUE, will be providing a keynote speech to start the session.
The Panel will then be chaired by Gavin McQuillan, Head of Learning and Development, NatWest, and will comprise:
- Richard Clayton, Head of Group Learning, LBG;
- Francis Lake, Head of Organisational Development, Virgin Money;
- Alison Redpath, Head of Learning UK, HSBC
They will consider the following:
- There is a difficulty with people understanding where they want to get with their level of knowledge (unlike when you study for a degree or a Masters) and so organisations are struggling with motivating their employees to embrace future skills and self-directed learning – why is it so difficult for individual employees to engage with it, in order to maintain and develop their skillset and how can professional bodies help?
- How do organisations create a culture of lifelong learning and can individual responsibility play an important role?
- How do you encourage people to understand the importance of self-directed incremental learning and how can people be “nudged” towards that rather than avoiding learning being seen as “hygiene learning” within organisations?
- What strategies are deployed in other countries to encourage learning and what lessons can be learnt/shared?
Please use the booking form below to secure your place.
Wednesday 4th November 2020
8:00am - 9:30am GMT