City Week 2021 Financing A Sustainable Global Recovery
Now in its 11th year, City Week is the premier gathering of the international financial services community. It brings together industry leaders and policy makers from around the globe to consider together the future of global financial markets and London in particular.
Discussion topics include
FINANCIAL MARKETS AND REGULATION
- Lessons from the Covid-19 crisis for the financial markets and dealing with its aftermath
- The Government’s vision for the City and the UK financial services industry
- The UK as an independent international financial centre – the industry perspective
- Overcoming the barriers to an open financial system
- Developing an appropriate regulatory strategy for the UK
- The EU’s financial services strategy
- Future development of Hong Kong and China’s other international finance hubs
- Financial regulatory priorities in the US
- International financial regulation: the role of international standards in moving back towards convergence
- LIBOR transition – challenges in meeting the end of year deadline
CLIMATE CHANGE AND ESG
- Climate change – preparing for COP26 and the road to net zero
- Climate risk scenario planning
- ESG investing – the next frontier: biodiversity, the oceans and nature
- Future of market-based carbon pricing and its implications for investors
- The US’s new climate change strategy
- Role of private finance in achieving net zero
- Climate change portfolio alignment
- Greening the financial system – implications for market participants
- Climate change reporting – methodologies, disclosure and standardization
- The emerging global framework for climate change regulation
- Financing energy transition – opportunities and challenges
CYBER SECURITY, DATA AND FINANCIAL CRIME
- Cryptoassets, stablecoins and digital currencies – going mainstream?
- AI and data in financial services: where next?
- Cyber security challenges and improving digital trust
- Leveraging the benefits of cloud computing in banking and capital markets
- Latest developments in fraud and money laundering
CULTURE AND FUTURE SKILLS
- The role and skills required of leaders in developing and sustaining a healthy culture in the post-Covid world
- Harnessing the financial system to decrease inequalities
- Role of recognition and incentives in promoting healthy cultures
- Future skills – planning now for change
- Outlook for global trade
- Global Britain – prospects for new trade deals across the world
City Week 2021 will be held over three days on a sophisticated virtual event platform, where you will be able to:
- Watch the live keynote addresses and panel discussions on the main stage;
- Visit the sponsor booths, where you can access relevant handouts & materials and/or interact directly with sponsors; and
- Network with your C-Suite peers from around the globe by using the meeting scheduler, 1-to-1 live video meeting tools and chat messaging.
Delegates will be provided with joining instructions and further details regarding the virtual event platform closer to the time.
For all other details of City Week 2021, please visit the website www.cityweekuk.com, which will be continually updated leading up to the event.
Delegate Fees and Registration
INDIVIDUAL TICKET: (includes entry to all three days of the event): £595 (+VAT)
Chartered Banker member discount – use code CITY11CB20 to obtain a 20% discount off the above fee.
GROUP BOOKINGS: (includes access to all three days for all group members)
· Three delegates: £995 (+VAT)
· Five delegates: £1,495 (+VAT)
· Ten delegates: £1,995 (+VAT)
Monday 21 - Wednesday 23 June 2021