How can banks recover bounce back loans? - The Moment of Truth!
This is a follow on from our popular webcast, which took place on January 21 2021.
The Bounce Back Loan Scheme (BBLS) provided financial support to businesses across the UK that: could benefit from £50,000 or less in finance. The BBLS was available through a range of accredited lenders and partners and the scheme was part of a wider package of government support for UK businesses and employees. The BBLS closed to new applications and applications for Top-ups, on 31 March 2021
Since the 31st March, businesses that have taken out a Bounce Back Loan can use “Pay As You Grow” (PAYG) to help manage their cashflow to have a better chance of getting back to growth.
According to UK Finance at the end of March 2021:
- HM Treasury figures show that the UK banking and finance industry has provided more than £75 billion in support to over 1.6 million businesses through government-backed coronavirus lending schemes.
- More than 1.5 million small businesses have accessed the Bounce Back Loan Scheme (BBLS) over the past year. The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) has provided £23.3 billion in financial support to more than 98,000 businesses.£5.3 billion in lending has been provided to 716 businesses through the Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CLBILS).
- Our esteemed panel will discuss what the future looks like for UK businesses and the knock-on-effects for banks going forward. It will follow on from our previous webcast considering the changes that have taken place between January and now.
To watch part 1 of this webcast series click here.
- Chris Leslie, CEO, Credit Services Association (former Shadow Chancellor)
- Stephen Pegge, Managing Director, Commercial Finance, UK Finance
- Jane Fuller, Co-Director, CSFI
- Joseph Healy, Co-CEO, Judo Bank
Who should attend?
Members working in UK business banking roles.
Members now working as advisers and consultants in/to banks and businesses.
Students studying subjects including commercial lending.
Anyone in the sector who wants to know more about the the Bounce Back Loan Scheme and how it operated, as well as similar international schemes.
Why should I attend?
To educate yourself on how the BBLS and similar international schemes operated, and looking to the future, what the knock-on-effects to banks and businesses will be..
Tuesday 15 June 2021
13:30 - 14:30 BST