E-Learning: Customers in Crisis
Covid-19 has catapulted the globe into a time of crisis, with every facet of society effected. As we start to re-build from the damage caused, the banking professional will be relied upon to support the economic life and prosperity of customers and communities.
In order to provide the right support, we need to appreciate what can cause a customer to be in crisis, recognise the impact of the crisis on vulnerability, be aware of our own behaviours in interacting with customers in crisis, and identify how we can best communicate with them and support them through tough times.
This comprehensive e-learning module Supporting Customers in Crisis will help you to provide the right support and care for your customers in the aftermath of Covid-19.
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘customer in crisis’, and recognise the link between being in a crisis and vulnerability;
- Explain the factors that could give rise to a customer experiencing a crisis;
- Describe what the government and financial services organisations have done to support customers because of the coronavirus pandemic, and what they continue to do to support customers in financial difficulty;
- Recognise the importance of trust and the impact that emotions can have on customers in a crisis, and how this can affect our interactions with them;
- Identify what you could do in your role to communicate well with customers in crisis, establish their needs, and provide appropriate support in line with organisation policies and procedures.
The e-learning module costs £45 - included in this is one year as an affiliate member of the Chartered Banker Institute. Please note if you are already a member of the Institute you can access the module here.
Membership of the Chartered Banker Institute forms a solid base for a successful career in banking and financial services. We provide our members with trusted and exceptional opportunities for networking, progression, and professional development. As an affiliate member of the Institute you receive:
- Trusted information sources, including our quarterly magazine Chartered Banker
- Unlimited access to a wide range of online continuing professional development (CPD) resources
- Powerful networking opportunities with banking professionals
- Opportunities to build your professional profile
- Chartered Banker mentoring scheme