Associate Chartered Banker Diploma
The Associate Chartered Banker Diploma enhances existing skills and knowledge to develop and demonstrate in depth, the core technical knowledge and key practical skills that a professional and ethical banker requires. Those who complete the qualification will be eligible for Associate Chartered Banker status and can demonstrate their commitment to professionalism.
After completing the Associate Chartered Banker Diploma, learners become eligible for Associate membership of the Institute. As such they will be entitled to use the professional designation ‘Associate Chartered Banker’ and the designatory letters ACBI after their name. Attaining a recognised professional qualification and earning professional membership is an important milestone for those who wish to demonstrate their commitment to professionalism in banking and to help rebuild trust and confidence in the sector.
- Can be completed within as little as 9 months
- Blended learning approach with core reading, online resources, and an interactive, online Study Guide to support learning.
- Includes substantial coverage of technology, leadership and change, in addition to core banking knowledge.
- Each unit is assessed by an assignment to demonstrate application of learning at work.
- Ensures that individuals have the knowledge to meet current and emerging regulatory requirements for the demonstration of high professional standards.
- Each module costs £1,295 and includes your study text, as well as your first assignment submission fee. Assignment resubmissions cost £120 per module.
- In order to study the Advanced Diploma in Banking and Leadership in a Digital Age you must become a member of the Institute. An annual subscription fee of £60 will become payable upon registration.
- From 19 April 2023, members will now receive a digital certificate for this qualification via email usually within 5 days of successfully being awarded the qualification. To find out more about the new digital certificates, click here.
Developed by industry experts and informed by student feedback, the syllabus blends core banking skills with a technological edge, to help students fulfil the requirements of their current role and prepare them for the future. To become an Associate Chartered Banker each learner must complete 2 modules which provide a comprehensive understanding of banking in a digital age:
Principles & Practice of Banking in a Digital Age
- Professionalism & Ethics, and either:
- Personal & Private Banking; or
- Commercial Lending
Each module is delivered via an interactive Study Guide, accessible online, which breaks the learning into bite size units, offering a structured pathway for learners and providing a short end of unit comprehension check to confirm understanding. Learners move at their own pace whilst employers have oversight through regular progress reports and learner analytics.
Download the module specifications for further information:
- Module Specification - Professionalism and Ethics.pdf
- Module Specification - Personal and Private Banking .pdf
- Module Specification - Commercial Lending.pdf
- There are no formal entry requirements however you must be willing to put in the necessary study hours. If you are new to banking, we recommend completing the Professional Banker Certificate and Professional Banker Diploma first. These qualifications will help you to establish a foundation in the subject matter.
- Text books
- Interactive Study Guide
- Discussion forum and access to subject experts
- Access to your own personal area of our website 'My member area'
Taking the time out from a busy working schedule was worth the sacrifice to reflect on the significant change in banking regulation in recent years and to understand the need for ever improving standards of professionalism and ethics within our industry.
Paul Burgess Head of Property, Operational Resilience and IT Risk, Tesco Bank