Associate Chartered Banker Diploma
The Associate Chartered Banker Diploma enhances existing skills and knowledge to develop and demonstrate in depth, the core technical knowledge and key practical skills that a professional and ethical banker requires. Those who complete the qualification will be eligible for Associate Chartered Banker status, and can demonstrate their commitment to professionalism.
After completing the Associate Chartered Banker Diploma, learners become eligible for Associate membership of the Institute. As such they will be entitled to use the professional designation ‘Associate Chartered Banker’ and the designatory letters ACIBS after their name. Attaining a recognised professional qualification and earning professional membership is an important milestone for those who wish to demonstrate their commitment to professionalism in banking and to help rebuild trust and confidence in the sector.
- Modules are assessed by a compulsory assignment and a final written online examination. The assignment comprises 30% of the final mark.
- Examinations can be taken at any one of our exam centres throughout the UK. Results will be available within six weeks of sitting the exam.
- For each module, the registration is valid for 12 months. Learners are expected to sit and pass the examination within that time.
- Each module costs £995 and includes your study text, as well as your first exam entry fee. Exam resits cost £185 per module.
- In order to study the Chartered Banker Diploma you must become a member of the Institute.
Learners must gain a minimum of 75 credit points by completing one compulsory module, and two further modules from the list below. Please note that the enrolment period for each module is 12 months. Most learners are balancing study with full-time employment, so we recommend studying no more than one or two modules in a 12-month period.
Professionalism, Ethics and Regulation.
- Applied Business and Corporate Banking
- Banking for High Net worth Individuals
- Contemporary Issues in Banking
- Credit and Lending
- Retail Banking
- Risk Management in Banking
- Operations Management.
The modules available also count towards the full Chartered Banker Diploma.
Download the module specifications for further information:
- Professionalism, Ethics and Regulation - Module Specification
- Applied Business and Corporate Banking - Module Specification
- Banking for High Net Worth Individuals - Module Specification
- Contemporary Issues in Banking - Module Specification
- Credit and Lending - Module Specification
- Retail Banking - Module Specification
- Risk Management in Banking - Module Specification
- Operations Management - Module Specification
• you have completed the Professional Banker Diploma
• you have other relevant prior learning or accreditation equivalent to the Professional Banker Diploma
You will receive a comprehensive workbook for each module and will have access to:
• individual tutor support
• practice and revision kit
• passcards that summarise key topics and give exam-relevant guidance.
Taking the time out from a busy working schedule was worth the sacrifice to reflect on the significant change in banking regulation in recent years and to understand the need for ever improving standards of professionalism and ethics within our industry.
Paul Burgess Head of Property, Operational Resilience and IT Risk, Tesco Bank