The Advanced Diploma in Banking and Leadership in a Digital Age
The Advanced Diploma in Banking and Leadership in a Digital Age (formerly known as the Chartered Banker Diploma) is the Institute’s gold standard qualification. Leading to Chartered status, it is recognised globally in setting the standard for individuals and firms who seek to achieve the highest level of excellence and professionalism in banking. Advances in regulation, technology and customer expectation are rapidly changing the banking environment and the Advanced Diploma in Banking and Leadership in a Digital Age builds the capability of today’s and tomorrow’s banking professionals. The Advanced Diploma in Banking and Leadership in a Digital Age develops their strategic judgement and expertise in working in a digital age, alongside developing core banking skills in areas including credit and risk.
After completing the Advanced Diploma in Banking and Leadership in a Digital Age, learners become qualified Members of the Institute. As such, they will be entitled to use the professional designation Chartered Banker and the designatory letters MCIBS after their name. The Institute membership community reaches across 83 countries globally, including individuals from Australia, the Caribbean, China, Hong Kong, India, and Ireland. Being a Chartered Banker demonstrates expertise, and a commitment to personal development and professionalism.
Please read below our FAQ and transition document.The Advanced Diploma in Banking and Leadership in a Digital Age - FAQs
The Advanced Diploma in Banking and Leadership in a Digital Age - Transition Document
We are delighted to offer an early bird discount till the 31st of December of £995 per module. As of the 1st of January, module prices will revert to the normal pricing of £1295 per module.
- Can be completed within as little as 18 months to support apprenticeship and graduate programmes.
- Blended learning approach with core reading, online resources, and an interactive, online Study Guide to support learning.
- Includes substantial coverage of technology, leadership and change, in addition to core banking knowledge.
- Each unit is assessed by an assignment to demonstrate application of learning at work.
- Ensures that individuals have the knowledge to meet current and emerging regulatory requirements for the demonstration of high professional standards.
- Each module costs £1,295 (Early bird rate of £995 to 31 December 2018) and includes your study text, as well as your first assignment submission fee. Assignment resubmissions cost £100 per module.
- In order to study the Advanced Diploma in Banking and Leadership in a Digital Age you must become a member of the Institute. An annual subscription fee of £60 will become payable upon registration.
Developed by industry experts and informed by student feedback, the syllabus blends core banking skills with a technological edge, to help students fulfil the requirements of their current role and prepare them for the future. To become a Chartered Banker each learner must complete 4 modules which provide a comprehensive understanding of banking in a digital age:
Bank Leadership, Management & Strategy in a Digital Age
- Bank Strategy, Operations & Technology
- Bank Risk Management
Principles & Practice of Banking in a Digital Age
- Professionalism & Ethics, and either:
- Personal & Private Banking; or
- Commercial Lending
Each module is delivered via an interactive Study Guide, accessible online, which breaks the learning into bite size units, offering a structured pathway for learners and providing a short end of unit comprehension check to confirm understanding. Learners move at their own pace whilst employers have oversight through regular progress reports and learner analytics.
Download the module specifications for further information:
- There are no formal entry requirements however you must be willing to put in the necessary study hours.
- Text books
- Interactive Study Guide
- Discussion forum and access to subject experts
- Access to your own personal area of our website 'My member area'