Board of Trustees - "Board"
The Institute is governed by a Board elected in accordance with the Royal Charter and Rules. The Board is responsible for the overall governance, strategic direction and functioning of the Institute as set out in the Institute’s Royal Charter, Rules and Regulations, and the Terms of Reference. The Board is also responsible for ensuring the Institute’s activities are compatible with its charitable aims, and that the Institute complies with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
The Board currently comprises of 10 Trustees, listed below, from a variety of backgrounds in the banking industry and elsewhere.
- Robin Bulloch FCBI (2019-2021)
- Sheila Gunn (Independent Member: 2019-2021)
- Ian Hardcastle FCBI (2019-2021)
- David May FCBI (Chair of Membership Forum: 2019-2021)
- Peter McCormack FCBI (2019-2022)
- Brian McCrindle FCBI (2019-2020)
- Hugh McKay FCBI (2019-2020)
- Stephen Pearson FCBI (2019-2022)
- Paul Riseborough MCBI (2019-2022)
- Susan Younger (Independent Member: 2019-2020)
The Board is supported by several committees and sub-committees, on which the Trustees and others serve.
- Audit and Risk Committee
- Remuneration Committee
- Learning and Development Advisory Board
- Nominations Committee
- Quality and Standards Committee
- Membership Forum
- Stakeholder Forum
If you require further information about our Board or Committees, please contact us.