In the first round of the competition, candidates are asked to submit their idea to be considered by a panel of judges drawn from the Chartered Banker Institute.
- Apply via the form on the apply tab
- Candidates should outline their idea in a proposal of no more than 800 words
- Submissions must be received by Friday 18th March.
Judges from the Institute will review all proposals; the best candidates will then be invited to discuss their idea via Zoom with an Institute judge.
Following this process, eight entrants will be selected to present their idea at the internal semi-finals. Semi-finalists will be invited to present their proposals to a panel of judges. Each semi-finalist will have 8 minutes to present, followed by questions from the judges. Four finalists will then be selected from the two internal semi-finals to present their proposals at the live final in London on the September 21st 2022.
Finalists will receive feedback on their semi-final presentation from our judges, and have the chance to develop their proposals further. On the September 21st 2022, the finalists will present their idea before an invited audience of senior bankers, regulators and others, with the winner chosen by an illustrious panel of judges.
There are many benefits to taking part in Young Banker of the Year. Candidates can improve on and learn new skills throughout the competition process, including:
- The opportunity to develop new and ground-breaking ideas in the banking industry
- Get valuable feedback from industry experts
- Raise their profile in their organisations and in the wider industry
- Hone their presentation skills
- Develop networking skills